Newcastle confirm club-record deal for possible Alexander Isak replacement

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of striker Nick Woltemade from Stuttgart in a club-record £69million deal. The arrival of the German talent ends the Magpies’ summer-long hunt for a striker after missing out on multiple targets. Woltemade will wear the No.27 shirt for NewcastleGetty Ironically, Woltemade eclipses the £63m Newcastle forked out to sign Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad in the summer of 2022. Newcastle’s new 6ft 6ins striker could ultimately unlock the door for Isak to leave the Magpies. Upon his arrival, the 23-year-old said: “I’m really happy to be at this amazing club. From the first contact, I felt like the club really wanted me and had big plans for me. “It’s a big step in my life to leave Germany but everybody has welcomed me so well and it already feels like family. I have a really good feeling from speaking to the head coach that this is the right place for me to find my best level. “I know the stadium from watching games on television – it looks amazing and I know the atmosphere is crazy. I’m really excited to play and start scoring goals here.” Manager Eddie Howe added: “We’re delighted to get Nick’s signing over the line so quickly. He fits the profile for exactly what we have been looking to add to our attacking options. “He’s strong in a lot of areas – he has great technical ability and has proven himself to be a real threat in one of Europe’s top leagues – but he’s also still at an age where he has plenty of room to develop and grow here. “Nick is a great character too and we’re really pleased to welcome him to the group.” What next for Newcastle? Woltemade’s arrival comes with Isak still refusing to play for Newcastle after the club rejected a £110m bid from Liverpool earlier this summer. The Reds widely expected to return with another bid before Monday’s deadline. Isak has told Newcastle he will not play for the club againGetty Newcastle consider Woltemade to be a suitable replacement for Isak should he leave – but they still want another striker to replace Callum Wilson – who departed upon the expiration of his contract in June. talkSPORT understands the Toon have not given up on signing Yoane Wissa or Jorgen Strand-Larsen before Monday’s deadline. Both Brentford and Wolves have rejected multiple bids from the Toon Army for Wissa and Strand Larsen, respectively. Woltemade scored 12 goals in 28 Bundesliga appearances for Stuttgart last season. He followed up his impressive campaign with six goals and three assists for Germany at the Under-21 Euros. GettyWoltemade is set to fetch Stuttgart a major windfall[/caption] Bayern’s previous interest in Woltemade Bayern Munich previously eyed a move for Woltemade back in June but cooled their interest after being quoted £86million by Stutgart, even after they had agreed personal terms. German football icon Rudi Voller is one of many to have sung Woltemade’s praises, declaring the striker as ‘simply fun to watch’. “Not only has he already scored four goals, but you can also always pass to him, which is what makes him so valuable,” Voller said. “He holds the ball, and if he loses it, it’s usually a foul against him.” Mainz winger Paul Nebel was another who lavished praise on Woltemade, branding him an ‘exceptional player’. How could Woltemade fit in at Newcastle? Woltemade could be thrust straight into the starting line-up given Isak’s continued absence and Anthony Gordon’s looming three-game suspension. Gordon, who lined up as a left winger last term while Isak started up top, has filled in as the striker in the Swede’s absence. Although his blistering pace caused havoc against Aston Villa on the opening day, Gordon’s enthusiasm got the better of him in the enthralling 3-2 defeat to Liverpool last Monday. Gordon opted to lead the press by sprinting across Liverpool’s backline but earned himself a red card for a nasty challenge on Reds skipper Virgil van Dijk. The sending off means Gordon will not return to domestic action for the Magpies until their third round Carabao Cup tie against Bradford City in the week beginning September 22.

 0  4
Newcastle confirm club-record deal for possible Alexander Isak replacement

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of striker Nick Woltemade from Stuttgart in a club-record £69million deal.

The arrival of the German talent ends the Magpies’ summer-long hunt for a striker after missing out on multiple targets.

Woltemade will wear the No.27 shirt for Newcastle
Getty

Ironically, Woltemade eclipses the £63m Newcastle forked out to sign Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad in the summer of 2022.

Newcastle’s new 6ft 6ins striker could ultimately unlock the door for Isak to leave the Magpies.

Upon his arrival, the 23-year-old said: “I’m really happy to be at this amazing club. From the first contact, I felt like the club really wanted me and had big plans for me.

“It’s a big step in my life to leave Germany but everybody has welcomed me so well and it already feels like family. I have a really good feeling from speaking to the head coach that this is the right place for me to find my best level.

“I know the stadium from watching games on television – it looks amazing and I know the atmosphere is crazy. I’m really excited to play and start scoring goals here.”

Manager Eddie Howe added: “We’re delighted to get Nick’s signing over the line so quickly. He fits the profile for exactly what we have been looking to add to our attacking options.

“He’s strong in a lot of areas – he has great technical ability and has proven himself to be a real threat in one of Europe’s top leagues – but he’s also still at an age where he has plenty of room to develop and grow here.

“Nick is a great character too and we’re really pleased to welcome him to the group.”

What next for Newcastle?

Woltemade’s arrival comes with Isak still refusing to play for Newcastle after the club rejected a £110m bid from Liverpool earlier this summer.

The Reds widely expected to return with another bid before Monday’s deadline.

Isak has told Newcastle he will not play for the club again
Getty

Newcastle consider Woltemade to be a suitable replacement for Isak should he leave – but they still want another striker to replace Callum Wilson – who departed upon the expiration of his contract in June.

talkSPORT understands the Toon have not given up on signing Yoane Wissa or Jorgen Strand-Larsen before Monday’s deadline.

Both Brentford and Wolves have rejected multiple bids from the Toon Army for Wissa and Strand Larsen, respectively.

Woltemade scored 12 goals in 28 Bundesliga appearances for Stuttgart last season.

He followed up his impressive campaign with six goals and three assists for Germany at the Under-21 Euros.

Getty
Woltemade is set to fetch Stuttgart a major windfall[/caption]

Bayern’s previous interest in Woltemade

Bayern Munich previously eyed a move for Woltemade back in June but cooled their interest after being quoted £86million by Stutgart, even after they had agreed personal terms.

German football icon Rudi Voller is one of many to have sung Woltemade’s praises, declaring the striker as ‘simply fun to watch’.

“Not only has he already scored four goals, but you can also always pass to him, which is what makes him so valuable,” Voller said.

“He holds the ball, and if he loses it, it’s usually a foul against him.”

Mainz winger Paul Nebel was another who lavished praise on Woltemade, branding him an ‘exceptional player’.

How could Woltemade fit in at Newcastle?

Woltemade could be thrust straight into the starting line-up given Isak’s continued absence and Anthony Gordon’s looming three-game suspension.

Gordon, who lined up as a left winger last term while Isak started up top, has filled in as the striker in the Swede’s absence.

Although his blistering pace caused havoc against Aston Villa on the opening day, Gordon’s enthusiasm got the better of him in the enthralling 3-2 defeat to Liverpool last Monday.

Gordon opted to lead the press by sprinting across Liverpool’s backline but earned himself a red card for a nasty challenge on Reds skipper Virgil van Dijk.

The sending off means Gordon will not return to domestic action for the Magpies until their third round Carabao Cup tie against Bradford City in the week beginning September 22.

Musventurenal MUSVENTURENAL IS ALL ABOUT MUSIC, ADVENTURE & ARSENAL ONLY.